redhotbooks

Red Hot Books

Enslave - Felicity E. Heaton 3.5 Stars
Andreu has no desire settle down and fall in love. He wants to revel in the vampire lifestyle, enjoying blood and sex on his own terms. In fact, he plans on opening his own vampire-erotic club --one like his brother's Vampirerotique-- where he expects money and success to roll in at his feet.

Varya doesn't even think she is capable of a relationship. After all, she is a succubus and love isn't in their vocabulary. She sneaks in Vampirerotique, hoping only to be titillated by the sexy stage show. But instead, she spots Andreu in the theater and is instantly enthralled. She must know what it's like to kiss him, though she knows better than to consort with a vampire. Andreu is just as captivated by her and when they finally come together, neither wants it to end.

Somehow, though, Andreu is able to find the control to pull away. From then on out, the two are constantly fighting the pull to succumb to their desires.

This book is hot. Really hot. From the sexual interactions between Andreu and Varya to the onstage performances, Felicity Heaton pulls no punches and burns up the pages. The chemistry between Andreu and Varya is fantastic, but their fast-track to love is a bit too... well, fast. Both characters are likable. And Andreu is just the right amount of snarly alpha without going too far. He straddles the line once or twice, but he has self-control and ultimately puts Varya first.

I found myself very intrigued by some of the secondary characters, like Payne and (especially) Snow. As a new reader, it was very obvious I was jumping into an established series because previously featured couples do appear. And I will admit, I was a little overwhelmed trying to take in all of the characters through Varya's eyes at the beginning of story. Then the sexual element took over and I was sucked in. I did mention the really hot sexy times, right?

Overall, I enjoyed it. A fast, easy, sexy read.

Rating: B-

*ARC provided by author for review