redhotbooks

Red Hot Books

Laird of Darkness - Nicole North Duncan is a half-Fae laird who is tormented by beasts in his sleep. One day, those monsters may kill him... unless he gets his hands on the enchanted bow and arrow his half-brother possesses. When Duncan unwittingly saves the life of his brother's betrothed, he sees an opportunity. He kidnaps the woman and offers to exchange her for the bow. Of course, Duncan has no way of knowing how attracted he would be to Alana. And just how much she would want him in return.

It was a sexy short story. Its 81 pages focused mostly on the tension and love scenes between Duncan and Alana. There's not much time for deep character development and it's hard to feel much of an attachment to our hero or heroine. (I also have to say, I wasn't a huge fan for some of the word choices used in reference to Alana's anatomy. Use of the word "cunny" seriously takes me out of the moment.) But it was an entertaining, quick read... with just a touch of magic. A fun, dirty distraction. 3 1/2 stars.

*ARC Provided by NetGalley