redhotbooks

Red Hot Books

Of Dukes and Deceptions - Wendy Soliman Nicholas is used to having women throw themselves at his feet. He is, after all, a Duke. And all the ladies want to be Duchess. All the ladies except Alicia. She meets Nicholas when he comes to her family's stud farm to inspect the horses. But he was really invited so that her cousin could get her hooks into him.

Right away, Nicholas realizes Alicia is different. She is far more interested in tending animals that snaring a husband. She is fiery and independent. And creates a challenge he can't ignore. So he makes it his mission to seduce her. But things really get interesting when someone tries to kill Alicia. Nick decides he must protect her and find out who is trying to hurt her, while he continues to work at getting her in his bed.

OK, I tried to like Nick. I really tried, but I just couldn't. He is beyond arrogant. It was bad enough when he was just trying to get into Alicia's bed. Honestly, I expected him to change once the two of them got together. But if anything, I liked him even less in the bedroom. His "schooling" of Alicia was nearly smarmy. He's blindfolding her, spanking her, and talking about his mistress while they're in bed together. And this is how he initiates an untried virgin? Hmpf.

The plot was good... and I liked Alicia and the supporting characters ok. But Nick and his sexual "punishments" were a real turnoff. 3 1/2 stars.