redhotbooks

Red Hot Books

How to Marry a Duke - Vicky Dreiling If you're looking for a sweet and feel-good Regency Romance, this is the right book for you. How to Marry a Duke is a little light in the sex department, but it's so fast-moving and entertaining that I barely had a chance to want for more.

Tristan is a duke looking for a wife. And he'll settle for nothing less than a suitable match. He wants a woman with intelligence, wit, breeding and fire. And the longer he searches, the clearer it is becoming that such a woman is hard to find. When he meets a matchmaking spinster named Tessa, he decides to employ her services. But he doesn't expect the attraction or friendship that quickly blossoms between them.

Tessa thinks love is something she'll never have, but she is determined to find it for Tristan. Even as her own feelings for him grow, she remains determined to find him a woman who can make him happy. Tessa has a deep secret, which she has kept for many years. But now, it's threatening to come out. Can she rely on Tristan's help? Or will it put him at risk for scandal as well?

Tessa is a worthy heroine: smart, independent, brave and loyal. And it's always a treat when a desirable woman is wrapped up in a package that's bigger than a size 2. Don't expect much in the way of surprises... things progress pretty much as you would expect. But sometimes there's comfort in that. I enjoyed it. 4 stars.

*I won this book in a giveaway from the publisher