redhotbooks

Red Hot Books

Tangled Past (Tangled) - Leah Braemel The first thing that comes to mind when I think menage-a-trois isn't usually the Old West. But if Tangled Past is any indication, maybe it should be.

Sarah is a half-blood Native American, who lives with the step-father who blames her for her mother's affair. She meets Jackson and Nate when the men arrive to buy a horse from her family. But when she finds out her step-father plans to steal back the horse he is selling, she runs to the barn to warn them. And gets an eyeful. Jackson is already naked and Nate is half-way there. When her step-dad finds the three of them in the barn, he thinks Sarah is about to have sex with the men and forces her to marry Jackson. She is happy to escape her home, but isn't sure where she'll fit in Jackson's life.

Despite the fact that Jackson and Nate enjoy some man-loving, both are attracted to Sarah. So after the wedding, Jackson has no problem indoctrinating his wife into the joys of the flesh. Even with their growing connection, his feelings for Nate persist. Nate tries to do the right thing and fights his attraction to both Jackson and Sarah. But who are we kidding? It's only a matter of time until they all get busy together.

So, the sexy times were pretty good here. And there was a fair amount of tension/angst. But I have to say, I got a little skeeved out with the housekeeper pushing Sarah into the threesome. This became even more true (and infinitely more creepy), when she is revealed to be Jackson's grandma and shares her own threesome story. We've also got an Epilogue I could do without, featuring our main characters as grandparents. The last thing I need in this life is to think about grandparents having threesomes. The squick-factor is epic.

Maybe I need to go back and read one of the sex scenes again to cleanse my palate. 3 1/2 stars.

*ARC Provided by NetGalley