redhotbooks

Red Hot Books

Broken Souls (Draicon Werewolves #2) - Bonnie Vanak Before I get to the review, I absolutely have to point out that this is the exact same cover as The Empath, with a different face superimposed on the man. Granted, I'm glad that this guy doesn't look like he's getting an anal probe, but still, that's pretty bunk.

As for the story... Vanak hasn't quite hit the sweet spot yet. Our hero is Baylor, who we met in the last book. And as much as he was a douche in The Empath, he's turned into a really good guy here. He just wants to prove his loyalty to the pack and mate with Katia. Unfortunately, Katia is an idiot. She insists that they find her father before she'll mate with Baylor. She goes on and on about how family has to come first. And even once it's clear that that her father is a morph, she keeps insisting he can be saved, even though NO MORPHS CAN BE SAVED.

Of course, we got a happy ending. But frankly, I don't think Katia deserved Baylor or his loyalty. 3 stars.