redhotbooks

Red Hot Books

Captive Surrender - Linda Mooney You know, sometimes you just need a little dirty alien sex. And this book delivers that --in spades. Maurra is an intergalactic psionic cop... a JoJo. She can use her mind as a weapon, as well as her fists. And she has to do just that, when she witnesses a group attacking a giant alien at a bar. What she doesn't realize is, she is actually the target.

The bad guys knock her out and she awakens in captivity, along with the alien she comes to know as Safan. She quickly finds out that her captors plan to force them to have sex for a pay-per-view audience. Beyond the fact that they are strangers, the situation is more upsetting 1) because interspecies sex is a serious crime and 2) because Safan is an enormous male. Safan is humanoid, but he is a giant compared to Maurra... and he is, er, proportional. Yet, it's try or die.

The sex is actually pretty hot. Like, look around the room and see if anyone notices you sweating, hot. And it takes very little time for tender feelings to emerge between Maurra and Safan, despite the horror of their situation.

When the couple eventually escapes, they face condemnation from their own people. Maurra is stripped of her position and the consequences are even worse for Safan. But they manage to make their way back to each other and it gets even hotter from there.

The world here is pretty massive. And the book is a bit on the short side, more like a longer-novella. So there are a lot of things that are just touched on in broad strokes, especially when it comes to all the different races and planets. That might bother some people who like all that a bit more fleshed out. But when I read a book about hot alien sex, I'm satisfied with the focus on the down and dirty. And we definitely get that... with a good dash of action and a surprising bit of heart. I liked it. 4 stars.

*ARC Provided by NetGalley