redhotbooks

Red Hot Books

Enchanted Destiny (Enchanted Destiny, #1) - Rayka Mennen Just weeks before her 25th birthday, Kat thinks she has dodged a bullet. In her family of witches, the firstborn daughter often has a vision on the day she meets her soulmate. If she doesn't commit to that man by the day she turns 25, she'll lose all of her powers. Kat's sure such a thing will never happen to her. But, when she bumps into Jake, she gets a glimpse of his future and ends up saving his life.

Jake is everything Kat would have chosen in a man. And he's really attracted to her too. But the idea of magic is too much for him to take. Can he get over it by the time her birthday rolls around or will his fears ruin their chance at happiness?

This was a sweet and entertaining novella. The relationship between Kat and Jake progressed really quickly, which part of me wants to forgive, since they are soulmates and everything. But I think we could have resolved their love story without going quite so far as we did by the end of the book. Also, while I understand Jake's skepticism about witches, there were times he did annoy me with his negative feelings toward Kat.

But those issues aside, it was a pleasant little story... a quick and easy read. 3 1/2 stars.

*ARC Provided by NetGalley