redhotbooks

Red Hot Books

Redemption - Eleri Stone Adriano is a jaguar shifter living in exile. He was cast out from his people five years ago. But he believes if he can uncover an ancient artifact of his people, he can use it to return to their good graces. He has worked his way onto the dig site where the artifact is hidden and he is getting closer to it everyday.

He is also getting closer to Sophie, one of the archaeologists at the site. He feels an attraction to her that he's never felt for a human before. He makes his move and they hook up. But before the relationship can go any further, other shifters begin to show up, placing his mission --and their lives-- in danger.

The sex is good. The story is... ok. The book is really more of a novella, and it isn't very fleshed out. The sexual pull --the animal attraction-- is easy to connect with. But it's harder to see the foundation for real feelings between these two. They basically just have a handful of conversations, when they aren't going at it (or running for their lives.) It's short and sexy... basically a fun way to spend an hour or two. 3 1/2 stars.

*ARC Provided by NetGalley