redhotbooks

Red Hot Books

Faking Perfection - Mia Watts OK. I'll admit it. The temptation of a priest is one of my very favorite tropes. It's so forbidden, so angsty. This book ratchets that up another notch by serving up that temptation in the form of another man. And holy wow, was it hot.

Father Garth is a man devoted to his faith. But a stolen kiss in the dark with another man turned his world on its ear three years ago. He never knew who it was that kissed him that night, but in his fantasies, it was Eli, a man from his congregation. He's never allowed himself to really explore his feelings; he's just repressed them over and over.

Of course, the man was, indeed, Eli. And now, he is coming forward with his feelings to Garth, hoping they can have a future. This puts Garth between a rock and a hard place (*snicker*) as he tries to figure out his true feelings about Eli and the church.

When these two get down to business, it is scorching hot. Stomach-clenching, face-flushing, slap-your-mama hot. Hell, even the prologue is hot in this book. There were a few moments where things were a little too heavy-handed, mostly when we got into the rights-and-wrongs of intolerance in the Catholic faith. I understand why it was there, but it was the only part of the book that didn't sing for me.

Faking Perfection has great sexual tension, believable emotional conflict and damn fine sex. (*fans self*) A little more than 4 stars.

*Review copy provided by author