redhotbooks

Red Hot Books

True Colors - Thea Harrison The Elder Races has quickly become one of my auto-read paranormal romance series. And here, Thea Harrison proves that she can rock my world, even with a scant 70 pages of a novella.

This story focuses on a wolf-shifter named Gideon. He's a detective who investigates Wyr-related crimes. And now he is on the hunt for a serial killer. It's at a crime scene that he first crosses paths with Alice. She was friends with the latest victim. At first, he thinks to just question her as a witness, but as soon as they come face-to-face, they realize they are mates. The rest of the story follows the couple as they work to figure out who the killer is --and, of course, as they get naked and have hot sex accept each other as mates.

Even though the story is short, it follows a solid path and has a firm conclusion. It features cameo appearances by a few of the characters we have come to know in earlier books, but it works very easily as a standalone. And it has the trademark smoking-hot bedroom action that I have come to love and expect from Harrison. (Granted, the sex was on the living room floor, but when it's that good, I'm not picky.) I liked the fact that Gideon was a younger Wyr than those we've known in the past, which made him a little more relatable, while still deliciously alpha. I loved how he treats Alice; how they are together. It was all... very satisfying.

A great addition to the Elder Races series. A little more than 4 stars.

*ARC Provided by Samhain