redhotbooks

Red Hot Books

My Ruthless Prince - Gaelen Foley
What a delicious tortured hero. Drake has spent his entire adult life, fighting on the side of good, as part of the Order. But the evil cult of Prometheus took him captive and tortured him senseless. He was released and nursed back to health by his childhood best-friend Emily. But once he was well, he ran... back into the clutches of Prometheus. Now, his brethren at the Order think he is a traitor. But Emily knows better. She follows Drake to the Prometheus stronghold, on a mission to bring him back home.

Of course Drake is no traitor. He is a man on a mission to destroy the organization that nearly destroyed him. He has loved Emily for as long as he can remember, but he doesn't want her innocence touched by the cruel organization. He tries to convince her to leave, but she refuses... forcing him to take her in as his servant in the castle, so he can keep an eye on her.

Emily is such a steadfast heroine. She loves Drake so much, she is willing to dive into the abyss with him. She'll do essentially anything for him. And as broken as he his, it's her love that slowly begins to rekindle his humanity. Their love story is tender and lovely. But what's cool about the book is that there are moments that are so dark for Drake, you really begin to question just how damaged he truly is. Can he really find redemption or has he fallen too far from his path? Usually a question like that is obviously rhetorical, but here, there are times that I just wasn't sure. Kudos to Gaelen Foley!

This is book four in the Inferno Club series and while there is obvious backstory, I never felt lost nor did I feel like I was missing something. I liked it a lot. 4 1/2 stars.

*ARC Provided by NetGalley