redhotbooks

Red Hot Books

The Capture of the Earl of Glencrae - Stephanie Laurens I'm so glad I did not give up on this trilogy. This installment is far and away the best book of the three. Like the first two, it was still long, but the pacing was so much better. Even though it was continuation of the ongoing kidnapping storyline, the book avoided the redundant feeling of its predecessor. And the hero is the strongest and most interesting character in all three books.

We first met Dominic in Viscount Breckenridge to the Rescue. But then, we only knew him as the man intent on kidnapping one of the Cynster sisters. His efforts failed, of course, in both that book and the next. So when this book begins, the only Cynster sister remaining is the youngest, Angelica. Instead of hiring someone to do the deed this time, Dominic decides to do his own dirty work. He never expects how easy Angelica would make it for him.

From the moment Angelica sees Dominic at a ball, she knows that he is the man for her. Even after he kidnaps her, she is willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. He explains to her that the kidnapping plot is all a ruse to trick his mother into believing he has ruined a Cynster. She is extorting his cooperation. Angelica quickly agrees to go back to Scotland with him and help in any way she can.

I enjoyed their love story. Angelica is strong and determined and she never wavers. Dominic is a great hero. He is stalwart and loyal to his clan... a gentleman... and a still a sexy beast. The love scenes are steamy. The romance is fulfilling. And the adventure is never dull. Plus --we get a fabulous epilogue, treating us to the weddings of all three Cynster sisters. Thumbs up! A little more than 4 stars.

*ARC Provided by NetGalley