redhotbooks

Red Hot Books

Eternal Captive (Mark of the Vampire Series #3) - Laura Wright Holy wow. This book was really, really good. I'm so glad I didn't give up on this series, because each book has gotten progressively better.

Lucian is the youngest of the Roman brothers, and he is destined to follow in his father's footsteps as the next Breeding Male. He'd rather die than live as such a rutting beast. But he can keep his fragile hold on sanity, as long as he can keep himself from having sex with Bronwyn, the one woman with whom he has shared his blood. Of course, he wants her like he has never wanted any other woman, but he is determined fight his attraction.

Unfortunately, the villain of our story has other ideas. He forces Lucian and Bron together in another reality, knowing the two of them will eventually give in to their desires. And sure enough, they do. And Lucian begins to transform, but they find hope for his salvation.

I'm not going to spoil the details. But I will say I loved their romance. Both Lucian and Bronwyn fought it so hard, which only made it that much sweeter when they gave in to their feelings. Wright has crafted such fantastic characters here and I was completely invested in them and desperate for them to find happiness.

The side stories were great as well, from backstory on Nicolas' twin and the other rejects... to the heartbreaking Syn and Juliet... to the amazing set-up for Gray and Dillon's book. It was all just golden. --Plus the sex was really hot. Did I mention the sex? (**fans self**) I loved the resolution to Lucian and Bronwyn's story. I just loved it all. Well, all except for that ubiquitous "c-word." 5 stars.

*Cunt count = 38