redhotbooks

Red Hot Books

A Season for Sin (The Sinful Scoundrels #0.5) - Vicky Dreiling I knew this was a novella from the beginning. But what I didn't realize when I started, is that this is not a self-contained story. It is merely the set-up for a full length book.

Lord Bellingham is a man who enjoys the familiar. He has no interest in marriage or in changing his world in any way. Just finding a new mistress is a hassle that he doesn't need.

Laura is a young widow trying to raise her teenage stepson. But he is pulling away from her and she knows he is making unwise choices with his friends. Finding a new husband is the last thing on her mind.

Bell and Laura cross paths at a ball, and though there is an attraction, Laura shies away. Bell, however, is intrigued --especially since he has witnessed her stepson's behavior. The boy gives him just the excuse he needs to enter her life.

This novella is not the love story of Bell and Laura. It seems that will happen in a book called What a Wicked Earl Wants. Reading these 60 or so pages felt like reading the first few chapters of a book that just stops. It frustrated me. It's not bad reading, but it's basically one big teaser.

If you're interested, I'd suggest waiting for the full-length novel to come out and read it immediately after this one. I wish I had.

*ARC provided by publisher via NetGalley