redhotbooks

Red Hot Books

Archangel's Kiss  - Nalini Singh I finally see what all the fuss is about. While Angels' Blood didn't quite knock my socks off, this second installment in the Guild Hunters series really did. And it has everything to do with the continuing evolution of the relationship between the archangel Raphael and the newly made angel Elena. Yes, there is still a great disparity in power between the two of them. But here, I finally believe that Raphael has feelings for her --and I see him making the effort to make things work between them.

Elena is the first made-Angel in centuries. All the other angels want a look at her... not just for the novelty of her, but for the chink she has put in Raphael's armor. Angels and vamps alike see her as a means to wound or defeat him --and that means she needs to get stronger, fast.

All this is going on as someone is making a power-play for the now-open position on the council of archangels. And they are doing it with violence inside the territories of other archangels and spreading dissension among them. And if that weren't enough, one of the oldest members of the council is raising an army of undead --while taking a disturbing interest in Elena and her past.

There is so, so much going on. I loved watching a real love story unfold between Raphael and Elena. I loved the great cast of secondary characters, all rich and multi-layered, with backstories I'm hungry to learn more about. The action is fast paced and full of intrigue, with danger at every turn. And let's not forget the sex... the great, great sex. Mmmm. Loved it. 5 stars.